So in my last post I showed you my sewing room. I mentioned my craft paints were stored in one of the cubbies, but that it wasn't organized. Well I can't say that anymore. Woo hoo! It is all organized now.
Here is what my previous paint storage looked like.
Yep, it's all just piled in there. Nice huh?
Well, I couldn't take it any longer. One trip to Michael's solved that. I bought this cardboard drawer organizer. It came in three different designs. I chose this darker red, which funny enough is the dreary colour the sewing area used to be painted! But I didn't like the other two design's so.....
I started by taking everything out of the bin. It's amazing how much you can cram into a little bin.
I was able to relocate some of the items elsewhere and get rid of others. I was left with a manageable pile and placed them in their drawers. The top drawer holds all of our paintbrushes and watercolours.
The next drawer holds all of the acrylic paints and finger paints. I didn't realized how much I had. It's funny how that happens.
And the last drawer holds the big tempera paints.
I placed it in the cubby with room to spare on top and a little on the side. I put some extra paint accessories on top and watercolour paper on the side. And that's it.
It's not that we paint all that often but knowing it's now sorted and organized makes me happy. It might even encourage me to break out the paints more often!