Monday, May 26, 2014

It's a Hard Rug Life

Hi All,

So what do you do when you have a bunch of kids stained and stretched clothing?  You make a rug of course.


I followed this great tutorial.   So with all the clothing I hoarded, I cut up into tiny pieces. 




It was actually quite soothing to cut all those rectangles.  I did this while watching some of my favourite shows.  So although it was time consuming, it was enjoyable.

I then placed the lines as-per-the-tutorial on a blackout curtain backing.  Totally miscalculating how much rectangles I had.


So although I had only enough fabric to make half of what I intended,  I plan on finishing it.  More hoarding in my future I suppose. 


But for now I think I'll keep it a square until I can cut up another 1,400 rectangles.




Now when I look at that rug I see a green dress that my oldest wore until it was stained, or leggings that my girls wore until holes grew bigger in the knees, and a "Daddy's Little Fishing Buddy" tee that my son loved even though we don't fish.

You know you've become consumed by a craft when you walk down the street and see a lady walking by with a colourful top and you think to yourself "Hmm, that would make an excellent rug".


Blessings,
Christina
Make It and Love It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...