Thursday, January 8, 2015

Year in Review and a Look Ahead

Happy New Year!

We're a little more than a week into the new year.  Have any resolutions?  I have set some and it's going well.  But first, to know where you're going you gotta know where you've been.

I dubbed last year as "The Year of Order".  Did I accomplish this?  Well, yes.  After purchasing Alejandra's Power of Productivity Course I managed to order my day, week, month and year.  That was a huge task, and so worth it because it helped me tackle quite a few organizing projects in the home.

The kids bathroom:


Kids Lego Storage:


The Linen Closet:


My Sewing Room:


Including the Craft Paint Storage (which I've recently updated.  More on that later):
 

Scripture Organizer:


And a Kids School Board:



There are still a few areas that I've organized which I haven't shared yet.   Our entry way is organized, as well as some routines with the kids.  I hope to share some of that with you later this year.  I've also revamped and organized my prayer life into a prayer notebook.  I will go into detail about that in the next post.

With that said, there are many areas, that I have yet to tackle. 

Back to 2015.  I have dubbed it "The Year to Take the Plunge".  Here are a few of my goals:

I have talked, and talked and thought and over-thought for many years to enter a farmers market to sell some of my crafts.  I came close last year and bought a white tent and tables as well as make some display items to showcase my creations.  I had some set backs and didn't enter last year.  But this is THE year!  I really need to work on building my inventory.



I had bought an electric Piano a couple years ago in hopes of playing, but it ended up becoming a fancy side table for stuff.  I want to at least play one FULL song on it.

I also want to juggle.  Not figuratively, I'm already juggling five, soon to be six children, and a husband and a home.  But literally!  Don't know why.  I guess I want to be able to say "yes", if someone ever asks "do you have a hidden talent?". 

Those are just a few of the "bigger" goals I have this year.  So I'm taking the plunge. 

Here is how I've set my goals and how I'm keeping track. A simple little notebook that I covered with washi tape.


The first page I've have written all the things I hope to accomplish in 2015.


Here is a look at January.  I highlighted the background for the month in washi tape.  I've broken down my goals into three categories.



Sewing Goals : Or crafting, such as crochet, paper, drawing, or painting a little something.

House Goals:  This includes organizing projects, paint projects, etc.

Personal Goals:  This is anything that I want to do to improve myself as a mom, wife, person, daughter of God, etc.  My goal to juggle would go here.

As you can see, on the side I have little squares labelled 1-31.  This is where I check off what I've accomplished for my personal goal that day.  In this case I have two things to do each day.  When I have accomplished my goals in one of the other categories, I'll highlight it, then give a big red check mark beside the goal.

The last square labelled "To Remember" is just to jot down milestones in my kids life, like losing a tooth, or a funny thing my daughter said like when my four year-old saw Knights of Columbus for the first time and called them "pirates!",  anything that I want to remember (hence the name).


So that's it.  Have a great 2015.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...