Monday, April 20, 2015

Menu Chalkboard


I'm going to start this off by saying, I hate cooking.  Don't mind baking, love eating, but HATE cooking.  Especially when I don't know what to make and it's 5:15pm when everyone's belly is grumbling.  I then get panicky and grouchy.

I knew I needed a solution and I've tried planning before.  It worked for a little but I would just put my plan on a little piece of paper on the side of the fridge.  Little white piece of paper on a white fridge?  So uninspiring.

Self discovery: I guess I really do need things to be, not only functional but also pretty to keep me inspired to keep up with an organizing system. 

I decided to make a chalkboard menu board in the kitchen.  I had a picture frame that wasn't being used.


I then took out the glass and picture and was happy to find a smooth surface underneath.

.

From there I painted the board with some chalkboard paint like I did in the Craft Show Price Sign Post. I jazzed up the border with some washi tape and tried my best to do some fancy lettering.



I used a command hook for the top and a couple dollar-store cheapy ones to take some weight off on the bottom.  The bottom ones also keep the board from banging every time we open the pantry.  Also to keep things from banging I added some second skin on the bottom part of the frame where the hooks touch and a piece of plastic wrap on the top hook.




And that's it! My kids love it, as do I.  Now they don't ask me what we're having for breakfast or snack anymore.  It's a sanity saver in more ways than one.  I still can't say I love cooking but it is much more bearable at least.

 
 
Linking Up to: My RePurposed Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...