Saturday, August 22, 2015

Back to School Sewing

My kids needed some new lunch bags.  The other ones were store bought and pretty icky looking after just one school year.  So I pulled out my copy of Sewing to Sell and made three lunch bags using the pattern from the book.  I let each child choose their own fabric.

Also, my oldest needed a "soft sided" pencil box for school.  I wasn't sure what that meant, so I just made a pencil pouch that was big enough like those hard pencil boxes.



I followed a great tutorial for this pencil pouch found here.


So happy that these are done.  I've wanted the kids to have stylish lunch bags for awhile, but didn't get around to it last year.  Also, when the kids outgrow their clothes and it's not in good enough shape to give away (aka: stained), I salvage the zippers and buttons.  The pencil box has a zipper from an old sweater.  The zipper had a cute pull with a heart in it.  It adds a cute little extra to the pouch I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...