Sunday, September 29, 2013

Taking A Break

Hi my name is Christina and I am a quitter.

I don't start something intending to quit.  No one ever does... I hope.  It's just the pressure-cooker that is my life is squishing me.  I quit homeschooling this year and that did alleviate some of the pressure which has allowed me to breath a little easier.  But to replace that I have taking up Running races and I also signed up for pastoral care at our church. I've also been trying to set up an Etsy shop for my pipe dream of having my own business.

You see, I get on these tangents.  I get so excited and announce to the world I'm gonna do this or that.  Remember that Looney Spoons Challenge?  I even emailed the authors announcing to them what I was gonna do.  I'm like that parable of the foolish builder Luke 14:28).

 If life would have a great big "I Quit" button I would have pressed it many times over.

What I need to do right now is to step back and reevaluate my priorities.  I am trying to balance so many things: My faith, my husband, my children, my home responsiblities, and the added, racing, blog, business, volunteering, hobby and friends.

I can't even keep up with the house work.  I'd like for my husband to come home and not ask "what's that smell?".

In order to be a good mother and wife you need to place your family first and sometimes at the expense of your own hopes and dreams.  'Cause really, this life is not what you accomplished but the relationships you have and the work you put into those.  The most important relationship being our relationship with Jesus.

Something's gotta give and I don't want to make it my family.  So I'm taking a break from this blog.  For how long?  I don't know.

Yes, my name is Christina and I am a quitter.....for a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...